- Mission Statement of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- High-level Objectives of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Values of Department of Children and Youth Affairs
- Important Organisational Documents
To lead the effort to improve the outcomes for children and young people in Ireland.
• Better Outcomes Brighter Futures is implemented;
• High quality early years care and education is accessible and affordable;
• Child welfare and protection systems are effective and responsive;
• Evidence-based policy is promoted and supported, and children and young people participate in decisions that affect their lives;
• High standards of compliance on governance and accountability are supported and enforced;and
• Performance is improved through the effective alignment of resources.
We place children, young people and families at the heart of our work, aiming for better outcomes as the centre of policy development and service delivery.
In doing this we:
- value our staff and create an environment where they learn, develop and contribute to the goals of the organisation;
- place outcomes for children and young people at the centre of policy and service delivery, informed by evidence;
- support prevention and early intervention approaches;
- seek to innovate and collaborate with other departments, agencies and sectors;
- are accountable, open to change, customer-focused and respectful in our dealings with the public and work colleagues; and
- recognise the positive duty to ensure a human rights and equality approach to our work.