Children and Young People Support Team
The DCYA Children and Young People’s Participation Support Team comprises the staff in the DCYA Participation Unit, three regional Children and Young People’s Participation Officers and a Participation Co-ordinator/Administrator from two national youth organisations (Foróige and Youth Work Ireland).
The regional Participation Officers:
- Provide support, information and training to all 31 local authorities in the running of effective Comhairle na nÓg;
- Support the operation and development of the Dáil na nÓg process;
- Support other DCYA children and young people’s participation initiatives.
The reports of independent evaluations of the Comhairle na nÓg Development Fund highlight the value of the support, information and training provided by the three regional Participation Officers.
- They note the marked improvement in the operation of many Comhairle na nÓg resulting from the support provided by the Participation Officers.
- They also note the important role played by these officers in creating a strong link between Comhairle na nÓg at local level and the DCYA at national level, including the provision of excellent information on expenditure under the Development Fund.
Comhairle na nÓg Annual Reports